Optima Leaf-K is a direct available potassium foliar fertiliser. Problems with potassium uptake are often related to the pH value of the soil. A high pH inhibits potassium uptake by the roots. And in drought conditions, potassium is not released into the soil, which prevents it from being absorbed. Foliar fertilisation using Optima Leaf-K offers a solution by supplying this important nutrient to the crop.
Optima Leaf-K contains a pH-neutral, very readily available form of potassium. Crops benefit from a supplement of potassium at cold soil temperatures, during drought conditions and at the end of the growing cycle when the crop is bulking tubers, bulbs, grains and fruits. Optima Leaf-K has been specially developed to supply (arable) crops with sufficient potassium through a foliar application in periods with a high potassium demand.
Optima Leaf Range
Optima Leaf-K is part of the Optima Leaf range, a line of foliar fertilisers that are efficiently absorbed by the crop.
- Contains a high concentration of direct available potassium.
- Boosts the yield and size of the bulbs, tubers, grains and fruits.
- Improves quality and storage life (brix content, firmness).
- Increases the plant's reserves (better hardiness)
- Does not contain any harmful nutrients such as chloride.
- More effective than adding potassium fertilisers via the soil.
- Better potassium uptake in dry conditions.
- Improves the drought resistance of the crop.
Nitrogen (N) as urea
7,0 - 8,0
50 - 70 mS/cm
* = soluble in water
Low in chloride
Available in 17½ and 1000 litre containers.
Foliar application (maximum concentration 1:50).
5 litres per hectare.
Apply 3 x when the tubers or bulbs are starting to swell.
3 litres per hectare.
Apply 5 x from fruit set up to 3 weeks before picking.
If applied after picking: 5 litres per hectare.
5 litres per hectare.
Apply as required.
- Shake or stir well before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. This product has been tested and can be stored safely at temperatures from 5°C to 25°C. Crystallisation and/or sedimentation may occur below 5°C.
- Apply under suitable spraying conditions (e.g. temperature, humidity, wind speed). Do not treat if the temperature is >25°C or if it might rise to >25°C in the hours after application. Preferably perform the treatment at the end of the day. Do not apply product close to harvesting.
- Do not spray if copper hydroxide residue is present on the plant.
- Never mix pure products together.
- We recommend carrying out a trial application on a small area first, before applying to the entire plot.
- The shelf life of the product is stated on the label. As long as the guidelines for storage are followed the expiry date (BB) on the label is guaranteed.