Optima Leaf-K is a direct available potassium foliar fertiliser. Problems with potassium uptake are often related to the pH value of the soil. A high pH inhibits potassium uptake by the roots. And in drought conditions, potassium is not released into the soil, which prevents it from being absorbed. Foliar fertilisation using Optima Leaf-K offers a solution by supplying this important nutrient to the crop.
Optima Leaf-K contains a pH-neutral, very readily available form of potassium. Crops benefit from a supplement of potassium at cold soil temperatures, during drought conditions and at the end of the growing cycle when the crop is bulking tubers, bulbs, grains and fruits. Optima Leaf-K has been specially developed to supply (arable) crops with sufficient potassium through a foliar application in periods with a high potassium demand.
Optima Leaf Range
Optima Leaf-K is part of the Optima Leaf range, a line of foliar fertilisers that are efficiently absorbed by the crop.
- Contains a high concentration of direct available potassium.
- Boosts the yield and size of the bulbs, tubers, grains and fruits.
- Improves quality and storage life (brix content, firmness).
- Increases the plant's reserves (better hardiness)
- Does not contain any harmful nutrients such as chloride.
- 6 x more effective than adding potassium fertilisers via the soil.
- Better potassium uptake in dry conditions.
- Improves the drought resistance of the crop.
Nitrogen (N) as urea
6,0 - 7,0
15 - 25 mS/cm
* = soluble in water
Available in 17½ and 1000 litre containers.
Foliar application (maximum concentration 1:50).
5 litres per hectare.
Apply 3 x when the tubers or bulbs are starting to swell.
3 litres per hectare.
Apply 5 x from fruit set up to 3 weeks before picking.
If applied after picking: 5 litres per hectare.
5 litres per hectare.
Apply as required.
- Shake or stir well before use.
- Store frost free, indoors in a dark place. The product may crystallise at too cold temperatures (<5 °C).
- For the best results, apply Optima Leaf-K in the early morning or late afternoon, to avoid strong sunlight. This minimises the risk of crop damage due to leaf burn. If the crop stays wet for longer, the nutrient uptake is improved.
- Do not spray if copper hydroxide residue is present on the plant.
- Never mix pure products together.
- We recommend carrying out a trial application on a small area first, before applying to the entire plot.
- The shelf life of the product is stated on the label. As long as the guidelines for storage are followed the expiry date (BB) on the label is leading.